Combustion Air Flow & Transmitters
Air Monitor designed the AUTO-purge III for applications where the presence of airborne particulate might impair the measurement accuracy of our Combustion Air Flow Station or VOLU-probe array. When activated by an Air Monitor "smart" flow transmitter (such as the VELTRON II, VEL-trol II, MASS-tron II, or VELTRON DPT-plus) or distributed control system, the AUTO-purge III activates a combination of fail-safe valves to introduce high-pressure and high-volume air to the flow measuring device's sensing ports for a short duration. It simultaneously isolates the transmitter from over-pressurization. This periodic purging maintains the sensing ports of the total and static pressure manifolds in a clear, unobstructed condition.
The AUTO-purge III has proven itself in such demanding applications as:
- Fly ash laden combustion air
- Stack gases from a coal fired or other solid fuel fired boilers
- Flue Gas Recirc (FGR)
- Off gases from the carbon black cracking process
- Waste gas to regenerative thermal oxidizers
- Off gases from hazardous waste incinerators
Get an AUTO-purge III or combustion air flow management system today.